IELTS or The International English Language Testing System is the most demanding and well-acknowledged English proficiency test. It is necessary to take the examination and get an acceptable score before going abroad for educational or immigration purposes. IELTS is such an examination that more than 12,000 Institutions worldwide have trust in it. This test sets a proper standard or benchmark for testing the individuals’ English proficiency. Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Canada, the USA, and many more countries only believe in IELTS scores rather than anything else.
This exam is developed by language assessment experts whose primary motive is to check whether you can survive in countries where the native language is English. IELTS assessments happen in four major parts. They are as follows.
Different Types of IELTS Examination
Generally, the IELTS examination happens in two ways.
- IELTS on paper
The IELTS test on paper, the result gets declared after 13 calendar days from the examination date. There is a portal available on the IELTS website which helps the candidates to know his/her results.
- IELTS on the computer
The IELTS computer test is a bit faster. On the day of the result declaration, the examinees get an email with a reminder of the status. The examinee can check his/her consequences by login in with ID and password. The candidate receives them from the center after 5 to 7 calendar days from the date on which he appeared for the test. Time is significant for IELTS examinees because there is a stipulated period of sending the score to the college or universities they are applying for. So, nowadays, IELTS on the computer becomes more popular than IELTS on paper due to this result declaration period.
Things to know about the IELTS Scorecard
Now let us check out some of the facts that you need to know about getting the Scorecard of the IELTS examination.
- The length of the declaration of the IELTS result depends on the model of the test. If it is pen-and-paper, then it is time-taking. But if it is computer-based, then it is a bit less time-consuming.
- IELTS result remains alive on the portal for 28 days more. It is vital to know the preview of the result online is purely provisional and not an official one.
- After publishing the result on the online portal, the IELTS authority sends the physical copy of the scorecard to the registered address of the examinee by courier or post. This TRF or the hard copy of the scorecard is the most necessary document of the examination for the examinees.
- The IELTS Scorecard or the Test Report Form (TRF) is the main thing that shows the score and is acceptable everywhere officially.
- The IELTS examination authority sends this TRF even to the institutions of the examinees’ choice if requested.
- The authority sends a maximum of five copies of IELTS score cards free of cost within one month from the test-taking date to the institutions where the examinee applies.
- To have more than five copies, one needs to pay additional charges as per the requirement.
The original copy of the IELTS scorecard or the TRF is a valuable and confidential document for the examinee. So make sure the examinees do not send those copies of the result to any unauthorized person or entity to avoid any misuse of the same.
How Much Does it Take to Get the IELTS Score Card?
As mentioned earlier, the time required to get the required scorecard is dependent on the type of IELTS Exam you have to sit for. You can pick up the result in the TRF or Test Report Format in person or receive it in your email from the test center. However, you can get two copies of the scorecard if you are applying to:
- Immigration, Refugees, and citizenship of Canada
- Visa and immigration for the United Kingdom
You can also check out your provisional results within 24 hours after the test, available for preview even after 28 days. But remember, this is not an official scorecard.
So these are some of the ways through which you can get your IELTS Scorecard. If you are not satisfied with your outcome or think there is a mistake in it, you can again apply for an evaluation. This process is also known as Enquiry on Results, where you can submit the re-evaluation requests to the test center within 1.5 months of the test date. In this way, you can clear all your doubts related to IELTS examination markings!