Want to give IELTS in the comfort of your home? Here is how you can do it!
School leavers who are planning to study abroad can take an online interim IELTS examination at home due because of the present situation of the outbreak of the COVID 19 pandemic. IELTS or International English Language Testing System is one of the most famous tests for judging the proficiency of the aspirants for global migration and higher education. In 2018, there are nearly 3.5 million IELTS tests taken all across the world. But right now, the entire test centers for IELTS are closed due to Coronavirus. The British council has announced a temporary IELTS online test known as the IELTS indicator.
Definition of IELTS indicator
The IELTS indicator also consists of all the four components of the regular IELTS examination, like reading, writing, listening, and speaking. It is a fully online version with the live IELTS questions that the examiners will mark. Thus, if you are interested in taking IELTS at home, you can still get the indicator test of a more proficiency level than a reliable mock or practice test.
Does the IELTS Indicator have the Same Format as the Normal IELTS Test?
You have to complete the reading, writing, and listening exams in a restricted time of 2 hours and 45 minutes. The examiners will conduct the speaking test separately. This indicator test is applicable since 2018. Thus the infrastructure of this online examination is well tested, and the aspirants are familiar with the examination format. Ensure that the universities you are planning to apply to should accept the score of the IELTS indicator. Since this score is partially indicative, the British Council suggests that specific educational institutions might not allow the score of the IELTS indicator test in place of the regular band scores.
Like the regular IELTS exams, there are two types of IELTS indicator tests: General Training and Academic. The questions in the speaking and listening segments are the same for everyone, while writing and reading ones are different for everybody. The aspirants have to complete the writing, listen, and read exams on the same day. The students have to sit for the speaking test at least a week before or after other examinations.
How and when to take the IELTS indicator test online?
You can sit for the IELTS indicator test in any location with a computer and a stable Wi-Fi or internet connection. This online test happens once a week, where the officials have currently suspended the regular IELTS examination due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation. You will also need the following things to accomplish the test.
- A comfortable and quiet place
- A computer with the required system requirements
- A trustworthy internet connection
- Download and install a safe browser for examination
- Wireless or wired headphones
- Working webcam
- Zoom application installation on the device
Advantages of Taking IELTS Indicator at Home
Now it is time to check out the merits of the IELTS Indicator in place of regular IELTS exams. They are as follows.
For the examination aspirants
- IELTS indicator test offers you the opportunity to measure the English listening, reading, writing, and speaking proficiencies
- You can finish the exam in the comfort of your abode online when the regular IELTS examination is suspended everywhere
- Many educational institutions and universities are accepting the IELTS indicator scores for the admission purposes
For the educational organizations and Universities
- It is undoubtedly one of the most immeasurable ways to gauge the English speaking, reading, listening, and writing levels of the prospective students
- It is only applicable for a restricted time in specific locations where the regular exams are suspended
- The IELTS indicator test implements the official questions of the IELTS exam and is marked in the same way by the examiner as the IELTS test
Things to Know Before Booking an IELTS Indicator Test
Below we have shared some factors to consider before booking an IELTS examination.
- The exam authorities accept both international and locally issued debit and credit cards
- You can pay the fee through JCB, VISA, Discover, Apple Pay, Master Card, Diners International, American Express, and Google Pay
- If you any local debit card, then you require to contact the bank before paying as it will be an international payment
- You have to pay the examination fees in dollars
Since you have to take this test from home, always ensure you are fully prepared through IELTS Coaching in Pune. Remember to keep your webcam and microphone on during the examination, so the authorities can see what you are doing! So, wait no further and submit your application form today to take the IELTS indicator test.