Enhance Your IELTS Score from 5.5 or 6.5 To 7 or More
Scoring a band of 7 in an IELTS exam needs some effort since it is a global test. Many students find themselves stuck in a vicious loop of grading IELTS band 6.5 after repeated attempts. So instead of blaming your luck, you can reconsider your way of preparation.
If you score not more than the band 6.5 after 2 to 3 attempts, you must rethink your way of studying for the exam. An aspirant should remember that he/she can enhance his/her band score from 4 to 6.5 after repeated attempts. But getting 6.5 to 7 is a hundred times more difficult.
Veteran teachers from online IELTS coaching classes always suggest preparing wisely to gain a minimum IELTS band score of 7. Your knowledge of the English language must be like a native speaker to get IELTS band 7 or 8. This effort takes years but not with our simple guidelines.
Acknowledge yourself with IELTS score levels
IELTS is a universally approved English language proficiency test. A candidate from a non-native English-speaking country can prove his eligibility to go for higher education or work experience in any English-speaking country. Although getting an IELTS band six makes you eligible for this, scoring at least 7 prioritizes the examinee in the merit list.
IELTS band score of 6 and lower is the moderate eligibility of the aspirant. But achieving a band score of 7 to 9 refers to you as an expert user. Top foreign universities prioritize this band score. Getting more than a band of 7 also aids you to get a Canada PR Visa with ease.
A suggested way to improve your score over 6.5
If you are one of those candidates who got stuck between the score range of IELTS band 5.5 to 6.5 after repeated attempts, you must feel tired. The candidate can score over band seven only when he scores at least 7.5 in all four sections. It is called a sub-score or module score. So here we have shared some tips to improve your module score to get a minimum IELTS Band 7.
- If your goal is to get IELTS band 7.5, attempt at least 32 questions out of 40, with 100% accuracy
- Since spelling mistakes cast a poor impression on the examiners, you must avoid them. Daily practice can reduce spelling errors.
- Try to write a compact answer within the suggested word limit. Many examinees cannot shape their thoughts within the limited words and often cross them in the exam. Exercise daily to avoid this mistake.
- While listening to the recordings, do not miss the minor details.
- While answering, attentively write answers with 100% grammatical accuracy. You must have an apparent knowledge of Basic English grammar to get an IELTS band score of 7.
- Multitasking is always appreciated, and IELTS is no exception. Practice as much as you can to listen, comprehend, read, and write right away.
- To get an IELTS reading band score of 7.5, 33 out of 40 answers must be correct.
- Similar to the listening band, spelling check and grammatical accuracy are a must.
- In this section, you will stumble upon unfamiliar words. An enriched vocabulary can help you understand those unknown words.
- Enhance the speed of reading and answering so that you can revise at least once after completing the exam.
- Be specific while answering and try to add keywords to your answer.
- Try to divide the time of one hour into 40 and 20 minutes and set these for two individual writing tasks. Since many students do not know the trick, that is why they cannot focus on the two questions equally.
- Teachers from online IELTS coaching classes always advise you to divide your writings into smaller paragraphs with no repetition of sentences or ideas.
- A well-boosted vocabulary results in excellent writing. Also, never hesitate to add innovativeness to it.
- Practice more to save time for proofreading your compositions.
- First, know-how native English speakers communicate in this language.
- The interviewers always ask for fluency and enhanced vocabulary, especially in the speaking exam.
- Shrink your thoughts within minimal sentences and structure the sentences interestingly.
- This section demands excellent eloquence in the language. The day-after-day study is the only way to get it.
- Get familiar with idioms and phrases to add a native touch to your sentence.
- Pronounce every word correctly during the exam.
Since every university requires different IELTS band scores, acknowledge yourself with the preferences of your chosen ones. Aim your goal higher and prepare yourself for IELTS in the correct way. You will get success in increasing your score from 5.5 to 7 or above.